Sunday 25 September 2016

CID Awards Ceremony 2016

Ciao readers,

You might ask what the heck i was doing there on wednesday night at the ceremony! There is a simple answer to that. I happen to have many architect, interior designer friends in dubai. Unlike my other friends, they tend to live here longer than other job professions. Since I was away for 2 months during summer, this award ceremony was most like a get-together for me! I am glad I went very early to catch up with friends. Oh, two of the judges are my friends as well (Jonathan Ashmore, Laura Bielecki). Basically, I could have asked them to create an award just for me... It'd be the best mascot of the year or the best friend/character!

For those who doesn't know what CID awards is for, I am here to help you. CID (The Commercial Interior Design) Awards organized every year to celebrate projects, interior design firms and designers making their mark on the region’s interior design industry. As befitting an industry no longer in its infancy, the awards will herald work that displays original thinking, creative breadth and a willingness to stray from tried and tested formulas.

There is one remarkable award I can mention in my blog as I heard rumors about my dear friend Pallavi Dean was not voted for the best boutique firm of the year as she was "too much in public". Her firm won the best interior designer of the year for Agata Kurzela. There is never too much publicity for anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.