Saturday 24 September 2016

Dubai Opera (Not Opera House)

Hello readers,

I am back from holidays. What a summer it was for me! I tried to escape the heat as much as I can. My first worthy to write night out was for Dubai opera house! I went to see the pearl fisher on the day after of opening. Boy, I must say traffic on Thursday in downtown is hard to bear! Anyways, from the second taxi got into dirty path of opera house, that feeling of doing something exciting for the first time like smoking for the first time, getting into plane.... the thrill!! Oh wow!!! What a moment Dubai reached where I can do something meaningful rather than spending my evening in a bar or restaurant! 

It hit me from the moment I sat in my chair and told to myself "well done to those visionary people to make this happen!" The show!!! Acoustics!!! Ambiance!! I'm speechless!

Here's the things I noticed during my visit! Bar situation! Guys, be more organized!! I paid for a glass of wine on the menu but when I went to the bar, they ran out!!! The queue to order a drink is longer than a mile! Do I have to remind you that EMAAR owns 3 running hotels? The floors weren't fitted well at the ground floor right entrance.

There's one more thing! Palm shaped island, horse shaped building, falcon shaped racecourse and now dhow shaped opera house. Dear god, please don't let anyone the idea of having camel shaped anything!!!