Saturday 12 November 2016

TWIST by Nescafe Event at W Hotel

Hello readers,

Since it's my blog, I want to clarify something happened between me and Ahlan team last week. I received an email for the aforementioned event saying that "this is a reminder to RSVP for the event". I received the email on monday evening. The event itself was happening on tuesday evening. So I replied to the person saying that I didn't even receive the first invitation. However, I would like to RSVP to the event. The next day, I called ITP Publishing to speak to the person. It happened to me a few times that I didn't receive the invitation and then the people from PR ask me if I am coming to their event in the evening. Then, I say I didn't receive anything from you and then they say "just come"

Anyways, While I was talking the person who sent me the invitation, I mentioned her that I got invited to Ahlan hot 100 event pass 3 years and this year I got invited Ahlan Hot 100 in Abu Dhabi when I live in dubai. I kindly asked her to pass it on my message to person in charge to look up whether there's a glitch in the invitation. This individual replied back saying he/she pass on my message.

Before telling you the end of story, I have to tell what happened with another person from ITP. So, I freelance with Pallavi Dean Interiors. Director of the company forwarded me an invitation for Conde Nast People choice award ceremony which will happen on November 14th. She asked me to come as her plus one. I sent an email to RSVP to the email mentioned. I got an email back asking where I got the email from. Then I replied saying I got it from Pallavi Dean Interiors. Then, that person replied me saying that Pallavi Dean was not on the guest list. Then, I replied saying it's not her whom forwarded me the email, it was the director forwarded me with a screenshot of the email. Then I got a phone call from my friend Pallavi asking what was going on and someone from ITP asking me if she knew me and she replied saying yes, I work for her. (THERE WAS THE PROOF!) Then, this individual replied saying that the person whom got invited was not allowed to bring plus one and forward the email. If you can't bring plus one to any event, what is the point of going? It's the worst feeling ever. Then I replied back saying that I wasn't intended to sneak in but since my colleague/friend wanted to go and she asked me to RSVP for her plus one.(I have to admit that I didn't write this in the email!). This individual made it bigger problem and she complained me to her boss.

15 mins later, I received a phone call from ITP manager telling me off and saying things like I am harassing her staff, and i must respect the guest list, and I should know my place. After she finished, I asked her to listen to my side of story but she hang up on me! I tired to call her back from the number she called but she didn't pick up! I was shocked by her level of professionalism! The way she talked to me was very attacking and rude! Excuse me but you don't own me! You can't talk to me like that! If you talk to your staff the way you spoke to me, everyone could make a complaint to your senior! You're not running the world!

I was sure that I was going to be uninvited from the event. When I arrived to W Hotel which IMPOSSIBLE to get there, no one checked whom I was. They just showed me direction to the event! Kris Fade was talking so loudly to the point I couldn't hear myself talking. The theme was off! If you're doing an event with coffee, I would expect to have coffee blended drinks! It was so humid and there was no air! Music was blasting! I spent 60 aed to get there and 58 aed to get back! I REALLY WISHED THAT I DIDN'T REPLY THE EMAIL! HONESTLY, THE ONLY REASON I RSVP'ED WAS BECAUSE I AM NEW IN THE BUSINESS AND IF I GET PICKY FROM THE BEGINNING, NO ONE WILL INVITE ME AGAIN. I MADE SURE I WAS TALKING TO PR COMPANY ORGANISED THE EVENT!

After this entry, I will probably be threatened to be used and block from all the magazine's events. Sadly, because of some unprofessional people and the way they choose their guest list, probably, I am happy to not to be invited to any of their events!

I am still expecting an apology!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.